Base64 is a binary to text encoding schemes that
represents binary data in a text format.
It is commonly used to encode binary data, especially when
the data needs to be stored and transferred over media that is designed to deal with text. This
encoding helps to ensure that the data remains intact without modification during transport. It is
used in applications including email via MIME, as well as storing complex data
XML or JSON.
Base64 Encoder is a simple online tool that encodes data into a Base64
format easily and quickly.
How to encode data to Base64 using this tool?
Paste your string in the Text Text field. To encode a text available in a file, upload the
file in the file selector option.
Select the character set, if you know it. Otherwise, leave it
Select the new line separator for the output
Enable the URL safe mode to perform URL safe encoding, if your text is
Enable "Split lines" option to split the Base64 string into a multiple
76 character lines as specified in the standard.
Enable the live mode, if you want to encode string as you type the
Press the “Encode Base64” button to encode the entered text .
Download or copy the result from the “Text” field using the "Copy"
- Character set: Our website uses the UTF-8 character set by default. Change this option if you
want to data in which is in another charset.
- New Line Separator : Specify the new line character for the output Base64 string.
- URl Safe : Enable the URL-safe option to perform URL safe encoding. This is usefule when your
text is a URL.
- Split lines: The encoded data will become a continuous text without any whitespaces,
Check this option if you want to break it up into multiple lines as the original data. The
applied character limit is 76 which is
defined in the MIME (RFC 2045) specification.
- Live mode: Turn on this option to decode the data as you type. It currently supports only the
UTF-8 character set.
Safe & Secure
- All communications with the servers are SSL encrypted(https). The file are also decoded locally
- Base64 decode online tool is free to use. No need to download or install any tool in your